Friday, October 18, 2013

Breathe You In by Lily Harlem

 
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"No, I had no choice. I had to see this through. There wasn't one part of me that wouldn't. I had to at least try to get a peek of him, this man who had a piece of what was mine, a very important piece too."
 
What a gripping, emotional read. Katie's story is absolutely heart wrenching. Her pain and grief is written in such a real and relatable manner it's very easy to feel a connection to her. Ruben, oh Ruben...how do you tell the gorgeous man you love he has the beating heart and breathing lungs of your dead husband?  Following Katie on her journey through the memories and pain was unbearable at times and tender at others. 
 
Although Katie's life has been rife with loss and despair, Ruben has not had it on easy street either.  Used to a life in the fast lane, he was forced to give up everything when his heart started giving out.  His whole life was turned upside down and his fate was forever changed the day he ran into the terrified woman in the museum.   Just when you think Katie and Ruben will have their happily ever-after, you get a big sock in the gut.  I think that was the hardest part in the book.  It tore my heart out only to re-mend again.
 
This book does not disappoint on the emotional level and there is plenty of steam factor. 
 
 
Excerpt:
 
"Sometimes you don’t realize how special a moment is until it’s a memory.

When he held me in his arms I saw a handsome, vibrant man with desire in his eyes and love in his heart. But Ruben Strong was more than that; he was a way out of my darkness, a glimmer of light peeking through my shroud—he was a piece of what I no longer had.

What he didn’t know, but I did, was that he’d been waiting for me. It had taken me time and courage to go looking for him, but if I hadn’t done what I’d done on my bleakest day, he wouldn’t have been there for me to find.

My tumbling decisions led to a meeting that tipped everything I thought I knew about myself upside down. Lying warm and naked in his bed, my old memories became new ones and our souls talked to each other in a way only we could understand. And our bodies, once we were brave enough to hum a quiet tune, quickly produced a beautifully sexy song that threw open the doors to love and laughter in my life once more."

No comments:

Post a Comment