Saturday, October 12, 2013

Manic (Rook & Ronin 2) - J.A. Huss

 

The STURGIS Contract! What could be better than a summer of having Spencer Shrike’s paintbrush all over your body, warm breath caressing your most intimate places as he paints every detail. Rook is fulfilling her contract she signed in rebellion toward Ronin and even though she had doubts, she is starting to enjoy her work. Confusion swarms her brain at how easily her body reacts to the "props" that aren't Ronin.

 "I try to pretend it's just a job, but the truth is, Spencer is excited, and while I'm flattered to have that effect on him, I'm also kinda worried, because I'm turned on too."

With Ronin leaving at the drop of a hat every time Clare has a meltdown, Rook's confusion and doubts grow.  Ford, what can I say other than he is arrogant, a complete jerk, sometimes charming and I LOVE him! He has taken an interest in Rook's relationship with Ronin. She knows there is bad history between them but not what. Ronin sure isn't coughing anything up. There is something about Ford that draws Rook closer. He challenges her mind and body.

 "I won't touch you Rook, don't worry." he whispers. "I'm not a runner and I'm not a cheater either. Life is long, you are young, and I am very, very patient."

When her past rears it's ugly head, it will take all three of the men in her life to fix it but it will also unveil their secrets to Rook.

'"She's got a missing person's report out on her in Illinois. Some guy who says he's her husband, Jon Walsh." I lean out the window and puke right on Ford's shoes.'

Some lives are more important than secrets. Ronin, Spencer and Ford will do whatever they have to in order to keep Rook safe. This is where I am completely and utterly in love with all three. Can't she keep them all? I know I would...I mean how do you choose? Tragic (Rook & Ronin 1) was a Five Star read for me and I would rate
Manic (Rook & Ronin 2)   8+ blazing Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment